Directions: Please follow the steps in writing a news lead and opening paragraphs.
- Read the entire prompt.
- Find the newest information.
- Beware of older, controversial information.
- Write one to two sentences summarizing the new news including as many W’s and H’s as you can.
- Write in third person and be concise.
- As with your own publication you should leave out the name of the school.
Please click on the link below to see the prompt.
Here is a device that might help you better articulate that which you wish to express.
Here are the items you should include when writing a review for a show, movie, cd, or restaurant.
- The name of what is being reviewed.
- Clear identifying information (author and publisher, location of restaurant, wherea film can be seen, etc.).
- A strong statement of the reviewer’s overall opinion.
- Specific examples that support the reviewer’s opinion.
- A focus on material relevant to the particular subject of the review, such as quotations from a book; background material on an author, an actor, or a musician/musical group; comments on atmosphere and prices for a restaurant review.
- Clear organization through an introduction, body paragraph(s) and a conclusion.